Friday, October 10, 2008

Frost on the Pumpkin

Yes this morning if I had pumpkins growing in my yard there would be frost on them. When I let the dog out a little after 5 AM it was 21* out there. We were to get some snow last night but it didn't arrive as of yet, maybe some today. Last weekend the Ruby Mountains got a dusting of snow.


This is a picture I took about 5 days ago and it is about 25 miles to the mountains up at Lamoille Canyon. The Aspen trees are turning yellow to gold this time of year, very beautiful. Soon they will close the road going up the hill.

2 comments:

Val said...

Oh my goodness. This is beautiful. That is pretty cold. It was in the 80's here. I still have okra and tomatoes growing in the garden.

Yvonne said...

BRRR! I didn't plan pumpkins this year either, but like you...they would have been frosted this morning. It was cold enough that Tom finally decided to turn on the furnace! (meanwhile, I'd been keeping warm with a sweater and quilt...