Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Work for the Week






Yes I have been busy this last week. First the apron is for one of the lady's in the LWC. We are making aprons for us as the LWC used to be call the Lamoille Homemaker's Club, and this will be the 90th year for the group. I already have an apron but some of the ladies do not sew, so the sewing group is helping and making them for others. As is I am working on another one today.

Now the bright colored quilt is for a Cancer center in Washington for when I go the end of April---this will be the 2nd one I have finished. The Hopscotch pattern is so easy each block needs 18" each of a background and print, then is cut into 4.5" pieces and sewn together in a pinwheel block. Everything for the top was pulled from my stash---I only had to buy the 3 yards for backing. It is on the puffy side as it has polyester batting, I normally use an 80/20 as I like them a bit thinner.

The quilt in the middle is only 10" x 15" and will be a doll quilt for DGD-Kayona's birthday as it is coming up next month.

Then another project I have for this week is to make curtains for my new-DIL's apartment as she wants apple curtains to match the place mats I made her for Christmas---well need to go and buy the fabric first.

No comments: