Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Furniture Repairs



Well it doesn't look like much but I recovered the seat of the chair. Old fabric on it was wearing thin in the front and tacks were coming through the top, also 2 springs on the underside had come out so I had to repair the hooks for them. It isn't as puffy as it was before but did what I could. Also in this room the dresser has plastic runners that the drawers glide on. Second from the top drawer the runners on both sides were broken----so figured I would just replace the runners----WRONG---couldn't find the same runners so replaced with a set that goes on the drawers and the inside of the dresser. First try on one side was off so took off and raised it and it is still off just a bit, but when you push in the drawer you lift and push in and it looks fine---but no picture of it.

This guest room is mostly in blues as all the pictures have a water theme, even the 2 other items in the room have to do with water----picture has knots a seaman would use and the barometer looks like a captain's wheel.

1 comment:

Val said...

I love your chair. I have got to paint 2 end tables this weekend. I love to do things like this in warm weather. I should have done it before it got cold.